The Paris Agreement is the backbone of international action to tackle the greatest challenge facing our civilization: climate change.
Donald Trump is preparing to withdraw from the agreement, standing with the fossil fuel millionaires and billionaires who want to wreck our planet and homes.
- Trump's decision to exit from the Paris climate agreement is a deeply immoral act.
- The Paris Agreement isn’t perfect, but it is the backbone of international action to tackle the greatest challenge facing our civilization: climate change.
- Trump cares more about protecting fossil fuel industry billionaires than he does about our children.
- We’re not going to let Trump destroy the climate and our communities. It’s up to us to keep up momentum, stopping new fossil fuel projects and supporting 100% renewable energy.
- By a 5:1 margin, people all across the country support the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- This April, we saw over 200,000 people in the streets of Washington, D.C. and tens of thousands more across the country marching for climate action. Our movement is growing stronger and we’re going to keep up the fight.
- The transition away from fossil fuels to clean energy is already turning into the greatest economic opportunity and job creator of the 21st century.
- In backing out of this unprecedented international agreement, Donald Trump is isolating the US from the rest of the world. The rest of the world will move forward in the just transition to 100% renewable energy.
- The only upside is that there shouldn’t be any illusions left about this Administration’s intentions. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of the fossil fuel industry.
- Use the talking points - but don't be afraid to speak from your heart
- The most persuasive arguments about climate change include examples from your local community and personal experience.
- Remember to keep it short and to the point!