Pipeline VICTORY! - Pledge to Keep Going
After relentless campaigning, the Keystone XL pipeline has been effectively killed! The Obama Administration now needs to make a decision on the Keystone pipeline within 60 days, effectively eliminating the potential the project would go through. For more info, click here.
This is incredible news -- and a perfect demonstration of how people power can change history.
Here's just a sampling of what we did together over the last six months:
- hundreds of thousands of people sent in petitions to the White House and the State Department
- 1254 people were arrested protesting in front of the White House in August
- over 12,000 people encircled the White House on November 6 to demand President Obama stop the pipeline
- people all around the world took action in solidarity -- activists in Egypt, students in Micronesia, people in the UK and Canada
- an unprecedented coalition of ranchers, indigenous groups, environmental organizations, labor unions, and more have united to stop this dangerous pipeline.
Now we need to make a powerful statement that we'll never back down -- take the pledge in the box on the right to show that you're in it to win it, wherever you are on earth, for as long as it takes.
Take the Pledge to Stop Fossil Fuels