Our house is on fire and we shall extinguish it together!
We, the Georgian youth, are joining the Global Climate Strike by holding a demonstration in front of the Tbilisi City Hall. We begin gathering from 9 AM and shall start the demonstration at 10 AM sharp.
We demand policy change!
We demand sustainable development!
We demand state actions to be based on objective research and consultations with non-biased specialists instead of business interests!
More specifically, we demand:
- Stopping destruction and privatisation of recreational areas and public spaces;
- Redemption of and return to the citizens of the entire territory of Dighomi Forest, the lungs of Tbilisi, as well as the prevention of potential construction;
- Founding a central park in the territory of former hippodrome;
- Stopping construction of destructive new hydroelectric power plants and instead, reparation of the old ones. Intimidation of local inhabitants who protest against hydroelectric power plants must be stopped.
- Establishing tram lines in Tbilisi, because we are suffocating from the fumes and traffic.
Without radical change, our future is unclear. Climate crisis is happening here and now. Climate crisis and destroyed environment are our reality and part of our everyday life! Nonetheless, climate and environmental inaction must be stopped - we, the young people, are coming together to stand in solidarity with the Global Climate Movement.
We are striking. Strike for climate with us!