On the 20th September, students, young people and workers will strike from school or the workplace by taking TOIL, booking a holiday, joining a walkout or taking a half day, in order to demand action on the climate catastrophe. We are waking up to a reality where we can no longer choose to ignore this issue: we must stand up and fight for our future or face an uninhabitable planet.
RSPB Sandwell will be turning off all of the electric we can between 11am - 4pm. Join all of our staff and volunteers on the reserve as we get out of the visitor centre and into nature to show our support for the YouthStrike4Climate.
We will be conducting a BioBlitz of the Wildlife Garden, making hot drinks and tasty snacks on our camp fire with sustainably sourced fuel and chatting about what we can do as individuals to help tackle the challenge of global warming.
So on this day between 11am - 4pm there will be:
* No coffee machine or kettles
* No lights, expect the ones required for Health and Safety.
* No electrical equipment in the office or workshops.
* Our fridges will be turned off.
* Hot drinks will be available outdoors for a small donation.
* A free campfire snack for anyone who pledges to make an energy saving change.
* A chance to discover more about the nature at RSPB Sandwell
Under 18's please inform your parent/guardian if you plan to come along, safeguarding procedures for activities will be in place.