Sign the petition to help put pressure on the Ukrainian President and government and demand a #GreenDeal for Ukraine!
Climate change is a threat we are already facing and it requires decisive measures from the governments of world countries to overcome it.
The Green Deal is the strategy used by the US and EU countries to recover from the crisis in the long term perspective and renew welfare for citizens by green jobs, access to health, and put countries on a pathway to a climate-neutral economy. The Green Deal is a road map of the reforms, adapted for each country, to overcome the climate and social crisis.
The Green Deal in Ukraine will prioritize energy independence, sustainability and the local energy in Ukraine. Instead of fossil fuels, we will get renewable energy, instead of monopolies - small and medium-sized business will be prioritized, instead of traffic jams - accessible railway systems, comfortable public transport, bicycles and e-vehicles.
This is a chance to step away from the obsolete economy which pollutes the air in cities, creates hundreds of landfills and generates social and legal inequality. The implementation of the Green Deal is our chance to have a safe and comfortable environment, equal salaries and working conditions, energy independence and beneficial relations with the EU countries. In this way, we will be able to overcome the climate crisis and build a prosperous future.
The Green Deal for Ukraine includes:
- Climate-neutral Ukraine - net zero CO2 emissions by 2050.
- A just transition to 100% renewable energy sources by 2050 and the end of the fossil fuel energy supply.
- Transformation of the business as usual economy to a circular economy with sustainable consumption of resources, and zero waste.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises that form the foundation of the economy, with fair-paying, sustainable jobs.
- Energy-efficient and affordable housing adapted to climate change.
- Zero environmental pollution with toxic substances - clean air, water, and soil.
- Recovery and preservation of natural ecosystems and biodiversity, and animal rights protection.
- "Delivered from the farm to your table" - a local, healthy and environmental food supply system.
- Sustainable and smart mobility - a change of transport philosophy and system.
- Education and science which ensure the innovative implementation of the Green Deal.
- Affordable, just, and accessible health care system.
- A legal system that favours the environment, social, and gender justice - equality of all before the Law.
Sign the petition if you support the Green Deal and just recovery for Ukraine!