The faith community has played a leading role in the divestment movement, with hundreds of faith institutions around the world divesting and lending a strong moral voice to the case against the fossil fuel industry.
Tune in to our online talk 'Faith and the Global Divestment Mobilisation' at 6.30pm, Monday 27th March to hear from UK faith campaigners about what they’re organising for the Global Divestment Mobilisation on 5th - 13th May and how you can take part in your faith community.
- Rev Rachel Mash, Environmental Coordinator for Anglican Church of Southern Africa, talking about climate impacts in Africa, and why the Anglican Church of Southern Africa committed to divest
- Rev Alex Mabbs, Minister at Brighthelm United Reformed Church, tells the story of getting the first church divestment commitment in the UK
- James Buchanan, Operation Noah, talks about the Bright Now campaign, the new ‘How to Divest your Church’ guide and the ways the Christian community is mobilising
- Fatima El-Meeyuf, MADE (Muslim Action for Development and Environment) talks about the newly forming Muslim divestment campaign and their launch plans for the Global Divestment Mobilisation
- Daniel Voskoboynik, Oil Vay, talks about their work on fossil fuel divestment in the Jewish community and their plans for Global Divestment Mobilisation focusing on climate impacts
- Luke Harman, Christian Aid will talk about how the ‘Big Shift’ campaign is mobilising churches to get their banks to divest from fossil fuels, including bank branch visits from church groups during the Global Divestment Mobilisation.
It’s simple to join - simply register to receive the link, which will get sent to you on the day - then follow, sit back and enjoy. There’ll be a chance to ask questions via the chat box underneath the video, and running time is up to 1 hour.